We do periodically get inquiries from both new Sai devotees as well as existing Sai devotees who are new to Singapore, on how they can participate and contribute to the centre’s activities. Here is a quick reference guide to help you
1. Who is Swami? The About Swami link on our page can help you understand more about Swami.
2. Want to know more about the history of our centre located at 133 Moulmein Road, Singapore? Read our Centre History section on our website. Key events such as Maha Shivarathri and Akhanda Bhajan are held at our centre with all night bhajan sessions. Swami’s Birthday celebrations are held on 23 Nov usually at Toa Payoh stadium, Toa Payoh.
3. Bhajans bring Sai devotees together. We have bhajans at our centre every day. The Bhajan schedule at 133 Moulmein provides you the details of the daily bhajan sessions. We have Chinese and English Bhajans conducted on Tuesday and Wednesday respectively. The main bhajan for the week is held every Thursday at 8pm. Veda Chanting at 7pm precedes Bhajan sessions on Thursdays.
4. The Singapore centre has 5 major wings – Seva, SSE (Sai Spiritual Education), Spiritual, Youth and Ladies. Our wing co-ordinators are
Seva : Bro. Satya (email@example.com)
SSE : Sis Dimps or Sis Vijaya (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Spiritual : Sis Padmashree (email@example.com)
Youth : Bro Vishwar Ravichandran (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Ladies : Sis. Rema Menon (Tel 62920903)
5. We have over 300 students joining our SSE sessions every Sunday at MDIS campus. More details on our SSE program can be found our SSE page. Registrations are open around the year – However the terms start in January or July. Bus services are available for pickup and drop-off from all parts of Singapore.
6. Seva activities are undertaken by volunteers every week with food packaging and food distribution to eldery and needy.
7. Our Spiritual unit conducts Rudram classes every Sunday at MDIS campus. Parents of SSE students are welcome to join these sessions. Every Sunday morning, Nagara Sankeerthan sessions are held at Srinivasa Perumal Temple between 6.30 and 7.30 am.
8. The Ladies wing meets 19th of every month at 133 Moulmein Road.
9. In addition to above we run administration and IT service units. You can join as volunteer in our admin team or help us in the IT team by managing our multi-media equipment, help manage the website and IT systems within the centre.